Required for Cambridge and Oxford
Salary range £19,612 to £20,101
Oxford Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in Europe. Our size and reputation ensures that we work on the most exciting and varied range of projects, and can offer real opportunities for long term employment and career development.
At the 2016 CIfA Conference our Graduate Trainee programme was Highly Commended in the Archaeology Training Forum Awards. We have inducted over 150 trainees into the programme since early 2014, and many of them are still working for us, now as experienced excavators and supervisors.
Please note that we have stringent COVID-19 safety measures in place: All sites and offices have protocols for ensuring high levels of hygiene, strict social distancing rules are adhered to at all times including during travel to and from site, with extra welfare in place where needed.
Staff who successfully complete the scheme will, subject to the availability of work, be offered permanent or fixed-term contracts at Archaeologist level and will be enrolled on our new 'Archaeologist to Assistant Supervisor' training scheme, which provides a clear path for career development, once the required level of experience is reached.
- A degree in archaeology, or equivalent academic knowledge and practical ability.
- A full clean driving licence is desirable.
What we offer:
- A documented training programme.
- Mentoring and assessment by experienced OA field staff.
- A structured, supported route to membership of CIfA at PCIfA level.
For further details of the Training Programme and Career Path please visit our website
- Salary £19,612 to £20,101.
- 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Training including placements, and opportunities for career progression.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees.
- Free transport from regional offices to sites.
- High quality personal protective equipment (inc. full breathable waterproofs, fleece etc).
- Subsistence payment (£15 per night) and free accommodation (B and B / self-catering) provided for away-based projects. No sharing - single rooms only.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you would like to be part of a respected and established organisation, please apply by completing an application form, available from:
Alternatively, you can post your completed application form to:
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August 2021. Applications will be considered on receipt.
Oxford Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity. You must meet the requirements to live and work in the UK, as set out by UK Visa and Immigration - see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration
Due to the anticipated high volume of interest, it may not be possible for us to respond to all
applicants. If you have not heard from us four weeks after the closing date, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance.
Registered Charity No. 285627; Company Registration No. 1618597