Stocks-in-Bowland, to the north of Slaidburn in the Forest of Bowland, was a small hamlet that was mostly drowned by the construction of Stocks Reservoir in 1932. Part of it, including the church, was on higher ground and above the shoreline but was demolished to ensure the quality of the water in the reservoir. Stocks: The Rediscovery of a Lost Hamlet describes the results of a programme of survey and excavation by OA North and volunteers and members of the local community to rediscover the remains of the hamlet.


mobile